Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day!

I have the most awesome mom in the world. No, really, I do. :) She is one of the strongest women I know and I can only hope to be a fraction of the woman she is. I have always looked up to my mom, she has done so much in her life and I remember, when I was little, I wanted to be just like her. When I was young, we lived in Chicago and she worked for a major hotel chain. She got to travel all over the world, and that probably grew my obsession with travel. Thanks to her, I've had the opportunity to visit Spain 3 times and see Paris. Spain, especially Barcelona, is one of my favorite places on Earth! So, thanks for that, Mom!

She has also always encouraged my writing. Even when I was young, I can remember her encouraging me to write and she never once told me being a writer was too far-fetched of a dream. She has always told us kids we could do whatever we set our minds to. She's probably my biggest fan, and I'm hers!

We may differ on some things -like the fact she's STILL a Cubs fan, and as a Brewers fan, that just makes me shudder - but my mom is my hero and I love her. She has done so much for me, I couldn't ever repay her.

Thanks, Mom, for everything! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment